Monday, October 20, 2014

Princess Diary Wedding Dress Cafe

Earlier this year, a friend of mine told me about her experience of going to the wedding dress cafe in Seoul while she had a friend from home visiting. After looking through her pictures, I was immediately sold on the idea. Korea has several themed cafes and I have been trying to get to as many as I can. This one did not disappoint.

One Saturday morning, I met Myan and her coworker (whose name escapes me right now) and we made our way to the cafe. Along the way, we did stop to get a peanut butter filled churro, which has completely changed my churro eating experience. I'm not sure if I will ever be able to go back to the original ones.

When we got to the cafe there was already another pair of girls in dresses taking pictures, so we sat in our own little "house" and ordered some drinks. They only allow one group to try on dresses at a time so I enjoyed a green tea latte as we waited.





Once we were finished, we began the process of looking through and picking out our dress! The selection wasn't very large but overall it was decent.


After choosing our dress, we dolled ourselves up ...


... and were taken one by one in the back room to be fitted into the dress before the big reveal. I was the first one up. 

Peeking out and quite evidently having a great time.


The big reveal


Next we got to choose a tiara to wear





After taking a few photos, I was asked by the staff if it would be okay to have them take pictures of me for their Facebook page, and of course I agreed to it. Here are some shots of getting my mini photo shoot done and a few of the pictures they took of me. I was even given a special bouquet to hold.  











Then of course we took several pictures of ourselves together! 



They had a selection of funny props including these cowboy hats ...





... and this ...


... and this!


Myan and I had so much fun, both of us could have stayed in the dress all day. Getting fitted into the dress and wearing it was a bit unreal. I can only imagine what it will feel like when the time comes to actually go wedding dress shopping - if that time comes! As for the dress, I picked something that I didn't think I would ever actually choose for myself. I didn't think I would be into big puffy dresses, but I absolutely loved it. And as much as this comes off as a totally strange thing to do, we all know there are a lot of girls out there who dream of this day and would take advantage of this opportunity if it where there. I honestly believe a cafe like this back home would do so well. It was a fun and unique thing to expeience while in Seoul! 


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment